The primary responsibility for this position is the assembly process of longtail and surface drive motors as well as completion of the custom aluminum boats, which includes light fabrication and light wiring. Secondary responsibilities will be production, miscellaneous assembly, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Light fabrication and light welding.
- Problem solving, creative mind for solutions.
- Cutting of metal and installing of components.
- Basic wiring knowledge.
- Knowledge of tool usage I.E. welder, grinder, various cutters, wrenches, and pneumatic tools.
- Self-motivated, works well independently.
- Operate work equipment, forklift, power tools and specialized instruments used in plant operations.
- Maintain communication with team and management to ensure that work will be completed on schedule and in compliance with established practices.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers and be willing to work in any and all areas of operations as requested to maintain team assets. Help participate in the training of team members.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of facilities and surrounding work area.
- Must be able to identify work priorities, meet deadlines and function with little or no supervision.
- Will be required to assist in troubleshooting and repairing problems with possible heavy lifting and working in cramped quarters. Accountable for quality and consistency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assembly process of long tail frames as well as their components.
- Assembly process of surface drive motors as well as their components.
- Complete custom aluminum boats.
- Secondary duties of production/assembly support.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing, mechanical or fabrication experience.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Safety Glasses required.