Reports to: President
The primary functions of this position are to design, set-up, and machine tooling per the 3D model and/or print or per the verbal instruction given.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design / Set up / Operate machines and corresponding jobs of moderate complexity and difficulty.
- Meet expectations for productivity and quality and strive for continuous improvement.
- May train others, troubleshoot, or work with teams as needed.
- Participate in continuous improvement and be a Safety Leader.
- Work to achieve work center guideline certification.
- Follow guidelines established for work scheduling and understand delivery objectives.
- Communicate pertinent information well with others and is a team player.
- Good work ethic and maintains good attendance.
- Report any machine or process problems.
- Able to perform multiple tasks running several machines simultaneously.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, College diploma preferred.
- 3+ years experience with operation/set-up of CNC Machines.
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing related experience.
- Must be willing to further college education and/or professional development.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read/create/understand work instructions read prints.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, good attention to detail, ability to perform basic math computations and computer data entry.
- Ability to use measuring devices (calipers, etc.) and hand and power tools (drills, etc).
- Good visual ability to detect quality defects.
- Willing and able to read and interpret operating manuals and engineering standards.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and walk and stand during entire shift.