The primary function of the position is to provide daily direction, training, and development of all manufacturing staff through the production supervision team, schedule workload, ensure quality product is produced, work to minimize or eliminate defects, and maximize efficiencies (people, materials, and machines); all while achieving on-time delivery goals, and meeting customer expectations. The secondary function of this position is to provide expertise in any way required as needed by day to day business of Rhino (e.g., cover for Production Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineering support, etc.). The ideal candidate will be a leader with experience in leading Continuous Improvement objectives, eliminating roadblocks, strong communication skills, increasing operational efficiency, on-time delivery, and ensuring a safe environment.
- Provide strong, positive leadership to the manufacturing team
- Train and develop the leadership and production staff to improve cycle times, improve quality, minimize defects/rework, while meeting on-time delivery goals, and customer expectations.
- Create and execute training development programs to mentor all employees
- Responsible for Rhino’s product quality in its entirety. Inspect all parts and continuously look for ways to improve processes, efficiencies, and work areas.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the manufacturing leadership team and their direct reports to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Develop Continuous Improvement/5S System and follow it through to implementation, training and ongoing changes.
- Assess manufacturing operations staffing and skill requirements and accordingly develop plans to address needs.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Complete performance and salary reviews/evaluations in a timely and constructive manner, identifies and recommends team and individual rewards.
- Responsible for new employee initial on-boarding process and work closely with ongoing employee training and development through the production supervisory team. Provides monthly training opportunities for the Manufacturing Department.
- Responsible for first run process and ensuring parts meet customer specifications.
- Be a Safety Leader by always working in a safety-conscious manner, taking necessary precautions to keep self and co-workers safe from harm. Ensure that health and safety procedures and environment policies are followed and company guidelines are implemented.
- Attend at least 24 hours of Professional Development training (off-site) per year, including Rotational Molding seminars to stay up to date on the industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Business Management, Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Five years experience in manufacturing management role; must have plastics industry experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles; experience in a lean manufacturing environment and hosting Kaizen events
- Understanding of business efficiencies, FTE and machine optimization metrics
- Must be a Change Agent and open and flexible to changing priorities
- Solid commitment to solving molding issues, working side-by-side with the teams
- Strong mechanical aptitude, good attention to detail, ability to perform basic math computations and computer data entry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think conceptually, analyze and solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform job
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. and walk and stand during entire shift
- Good visual ability to detect quality issues
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions