These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Vision, Goals and Policies of Rhino Inc. The Production Planner will work alongside the Master Scheduler and together they are responsible for creating and maintaining an efficient production schedule to ensure on-time delivery to valued customers; internally and externally. The manufacturing operation includes Machines, Assembly, Foam & Steam Area, and Warehouse production.
The Scheduling Team will work closely with Production Supervisors and Sales to develop strategies to ensure the production and supply of finished goods achieve on-time shipments. They will review year over year metrics to better plan for the next year, manage inventory levels per a forecasting and min model, and maintain integrity of parts and bill of materials in the system. The Scheduler is central to the daily operation of the business and is expected to work closely with key internal partners including Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and/or monitor the flow of products through the complete production cycle. Provide timely planning, scheduling, and inventory levels for assigned brands to achieve both internal financial goals and customer delivery dates.
- Process production reporting entries to update inventory levels in MRP system
- Develop run strategies that increase throughput while controlling inventory levels.
- Facilitate communication and action to resolve supply constraints and/or bottlenecks and assists with necessary corrective actions.
- Collaborate and partner with internal departments to optimize scheduling:
- Customer Service and Sales to communicate critical gaps and delivery constraints
- Manufacturing operations to learn and understand the rotational molding process and what products can run together to better set up the schedule
- Warehouse team to develop attainable schedules and issue work orders to meet production needs
- Purchasing to ensure timely delivery of raw goods and components to allow enough time to produce products and ship for high on-time delivery goals
- Use IQMS system to schedule whenever possible. When not, create Google/Excel spreadsheets to show a live production schedule, plan, and estimated completion dates.
- During busy times, will micromanage a set of specific part numbers for a brand during busy season using Excel
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- AAS’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or similar
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing production scheduler role or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High level of proficiency in Excel/Google spreadsheets, Word, Outlook and other software programs necessary to perform job
- Excellent communication skills
- Use strong analytical skills and attention to detail to make business decisions
- Ability to problem solve and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Works primarily in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks and rotational molding environment.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions