Reports to: Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
This position is responsible for verifying accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments, preparing documents, issuing carrier instructions for shipping and delivery of materials, and recording shipment data. He/she will determine shipping methods for materials using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. In addition, this person will communicate with company representatives to rectify problems such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications. The Shipping Lead will work either in the warehouse (production) or in the manufacturing facilities as shipping needs dictate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Double check shipping information.
- Inspect all outgoing shipments to ensure correct items and quantities.
- Update inventory records and ensure that orders match the picking documents.
- Answer all shipping telephone calls and route to appropriate individuals.
- Assist and evaluate needs with shipping services, points, weights and freight permits.
- Maintain shipping area, i.e. general housekeeping and organizing.
- Prepare Bills of Lading, check items to be shipped against pick tickets to assure that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Unload incoming materials as well as loading outbound freight.
- Inspect shipments for damages, record as necessary and notify supervisor.
- Trace lost shipments and /or customer claims of lost shipments, initiate proof of delivery documents.
- Assist in maintaining department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping records.
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and /or forklift in loading and unloading supplies.
- Follow established company policies, procedures, objectives, and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, IQMS).
- Ability to perform administrative duties including data entry work.
- Effective communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate forklift.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Safety Glasses required.