JOB TITLE: Southeast Regional Sales Manager/Wave Armor
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: The Regional Sales Manager plays a key leadership role in planning and executing sales goals and initiatives, growing and maintaining field partnerships and communication, and executing promotional strategies. The role will work closely with both our dealers and distributors to ensure on time deliveries to meet monthly and quarterly goals. This position will be home office based in the Southeast Region of the U.S., GA preferably.
The Southeast Regional Sales Manager plays a critical role in identifying high value growth opportunities and translating market insight into actionable business plans. The Southeast RSM will focus on breaking into and establishing Wave Armor as a leading brand in the floating dock business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for dealers and distributors in seven (7) key states.
- Implementation of sales objectives, policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with dealers and distributors to focus on goals.
- Execution of sales and marketing strategies to realize company targets.
- Responsible for maintaining and cultivating existing accounts while growing both dealer base and account profitability.
- Conduct product and sales training meetings for dealer and distributor personnel.
- Partner with each dealer/distributor in preparing annual business/activity plan.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, setting efficiency targets around customer experience.
- Customer focused, ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Travel: Approximately 45% of time in market, may require evening or weekend travel for trade shows and dealer events.
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Five years’ experience in sales B2B with a solid track record of achievement.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, business management or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of the marine industry preferred.
SOFT SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and sales patterns.
- Planning, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to design and implement a successful sales strategy with demonstrated knowledge of:
- Selling methodology and technique.
- Marketing tools and techniques.
- Competitive product/services offerings.
- Company policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform job.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk about the facility as needed.
- Comfort and ability to be exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.